Jonathan Bloom, Chief Executive and Chief Strategy Officer
Jon has built M|P into one of the country's best-regarded boutique agencies for technology and consumer clients. He develops and directs over-arching strategy for all Agency clients. He uses his news reporting background to create new ways for companies and their C-level executives to tell their stories and connect with their target audiences.
- Co-founded McGrath|Power in Silicon Valley in 1983
- Successfully developed and directed major national/international programs in consumer electronics, athletic footwear, travel, pharmaceutical, food, professional services and most notably technology, where his expertise is widely recognized
- Architected successful communications programs for diverse Clients with diverse business objectives ranging from TiVo to Reebok to EarthLink to RSA Security to Burgerville to Vodafone.
- Credited by Clients for increasing sales, teeing up acquisitions, shuttering competition and creating new market segments
- Has an affinity for start-ups, having worked with many over the years and taken a few from birth through IPOs.
- Worked previously as a reporter for the San Jose Mercury News and the Associated Press.
- Served on multiple boards including the Worldcom Public Relations Group (chair of Americas Region, author of Worldcom's strategic plan, co-founded the Technology Practice Group) the Public Relations Society of America's Counselor Academy, San Jose Convention and Visitor's Bureau and the San Jose State Spartan Foundation and Alumni Association.
Hometown: San Francisco, CA.
Never Thought I Would Be: Helping usher in profound shifts in communications & technology
Really?: Well versed in rap music, California wines and German performance cars
Inspiration: My parents, my wife and my three sons
Theme Song: "99 Problems" by Jay-Z
Kathryn Walker, Senior Vice President Client Service
Kate leads overall client service and the Agency's East Coast operations. She has a passion for great stories and has spent her career telling these stories to audiences ranging from general consumers to technical developers.
Need To Know:
- Created global programs for publically held Internet Security Systems (now IBM) and Borland Software Corporation
- Developed and provided hands-on daily management of diverse client programs ranging from geolocation and online video tools to mobile advertising platforms and identity assurance solutions
- Credited for designing programs that streamline internal communications processes and achieve measurable results
Hometown: West Greenwich, RI
Never Thought I Would Be: Paid to speak my mind
Really?: I'm an avid baker, have done formal study on medieval literature and have a mean rock collection.
Inspiration: Grandma gave me the tendency to wear pearls every day. The workaholic bits are from Dad.
Theme Song: "Start Me Up" by The Rolling Stones
Christina Armstrong, Vice President Client Service
Christina helps lead overall client service for the Agency, working in conjunction with Partner and Senior Vice President Kate Walker. She has 15+ years of experience in public relations and marketing of a wide cross-section of business and consumer technologies, start-ups and established brands.
Need to know:
- Designed and implemented public relations plans that achieved specific client business goals including funding, acquisition, company/brand repositioning, and IPOs.
- Launched several category defining start-ups and grew them to substantial brands including 2Wire, Imperva, Polycom and Siebel Systems.
- Managed hands-on the public relations programs for a diverse technology portfolio including Security, Cloud Solutions and Services, SaaS, PaaS, Mobile Applications, Developer Tools, Networking, SMB, Big Data.
: New London, CT
Never Thought I Would Be : Taking clients to Playboy magazine and keeping a straight face.
Really? : I am addicted to food shows like Man vs. Food and Anthony Bourdain. I run 50 miles a month so I can enjoy my food passion without having to size up my wardrobe.
Inspiration : My kids. They remind me every single day to have fun.
Theme Song : “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
Emily Schwartz, Director
Emily is responsible for developing and implementing strategic public relations and communications programs that deliver results. With extensive communications experience, she has successfully worked with a variety of brands to communicate their stories through the right channels, positively impact public perception and advance business goals.
Need to know:
- Created and implemented successful media relations, social media and event strategies for a variety of market segments and organizations of all sizes including Cisco, Habitat for Humanity, Kaiser Permanente, McDonald’s and technology start-ups
- Led successful national and international media relations campaigns for a range of initiatives , including for advocacy, care delivery, corporate social responsibility, health IT, medical research and wellness programs
- Created robust media analysis and measurement programs to quantify coverage value and message pull through, and inform quarterly and annual planning
- Shares her passion for public relations and communications by mentoring staff to foster growth
: Tucson, AZ
Never Thought I Would Be : Able to meet and work with former president Jimmy Carter at Habitat For Humanity
Really? : Former high school cheerleader and golfer who enjoys USC sports, hiking and traveling
Inspiration : My parents who taught me to go after what I wanted, stand up for others and dream.
Theme Song : “Gotta Live” by O.A.R.
Patti Murphy, Operations and Finance Manager
Patti oversees all aspects of accounts payables and receivables, human resources, payroll, and facilities management at McGrath/Power.
Need to know:
- Has worked in Office Administration for 25+ years.
- Has studied Psychology, Global Economics, and Interior Design.
- Is a licensed P&C and Life Insurance Broker.
- Is a Certified Notary Public.
Who Knew: “I never thought working could be so fun. Who knew!”
Hometown: Los Gatos, CA
Never Thought I Would Be: Enjoying my boys’ teen years.
Really?: Like to listen to loud dubstep music with my kids, ride my Harley on weekends, and travel with friends as much as possible.
Inspiration: My father, the most accomplished and loved man I have ever known.
Theme Song: “Something To Talk About” by Bonnie Raitt